Last Updated: May 2, 2020
We know you care about what information may be collected from and about you, how such information is used and shared, and the choices you have.
Source of Personal Information we May Collect About You
- Directly From You. We may collect personal information during your access or use of the Website and through other online and offline interactions, such as when you make donations, enter an auction or sweepstakes, redeem a a prize or auction item, create an account, contact us for customer service or other assistance, and participate in other promotions.
- From Your Friends. If you consent, your friends and contacts may provide personal information about you in connection with being a guest for an award and for other purposes. You should only provide us with information about another person if you have that person’s consent.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies. When you access or use the Website, we may collect data about your device, internet usage, cookies, tracking technologies such as web beacons, location, Website activity, and other details of your use of the Website. For further information on these practices, see Section 5 – "Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies."
- Service Providers. We may collect personal information from service providers who are assisting us in the supply of our products and carrying out our business, such as to operate and fulfill the sweepstakes and auctions, provide the technology platform and provide customer assistance. For example, partners and third party services providers are providing the technology, merchant and associated services under agreement with Us. We may also engage a third party donation platform from which may collect information about you to provide to us.
- Other Third Parties and Publicly Available Information. We may collect personal information from other third parties that provide information to us, such as business partners, advertising networks, data brokers, government and other public sources, and social media platforms and networks.
Types of Personal Information We May Collect
We may collect the following types of information about you:
- Identifiers, characteristics, and other information you provide, such as your contact information (including your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number), gender and other demographic information, payment method and payment information, authentication information you create (such as account password), birthdays, professional and educational information, and device identifiers (such as advertising IDs, pixel and cookie IDs, IP address, ICCID).
- Internet and other electronic activity that is gathered automatically when you visit our Website or interact with our advertisements, such as browsing and search history, browser information, device type, app, and OS version.
- Geolocation information, such as IP-based or precise geolocation information. This may be collected automatically (such as through our App) or based on information you provide.
- Commercial information and preferences, such as purchase, bid and entry information, favorite teams and players, and other preferences.
- Audio, visual, and similar information, such as when you call us or provide pictures or other content.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information we collect to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences and characteristics.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to respond to your inquiries, validate your ability to satisfy your auction bid, process donations, transactions and payments, fulfill the sweepstakes, promotion or other order, administer a promotion or auction, communicate with you including providing tax information and updates on any auction, sweepstakes, promotion or donation amounts, authenticate users, verify your eligibility for certain programs or benefits, and otherwise facilitate your relationship with us.
- For marketing, such as to provide you with updates about promotions, sweepstakes, auctions or events that may interest you, market goods and services or those of our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties. You can always unsubscribe to commercial email marketing from us via a link in the email or by contacting our representative at firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting the removal of contact information from marketing purposes. We may make additional methods available to you from time to time for you to unsubscribe from marketing.
- For insights, such as to identify trends and make inferences about you and your interactions with us or our affiliates and business partners, such as to analyze your behavior and preferences, and to evaluate and improve the products and services of our affiliates and business partners.
- To comply with legal obligations, such as keeping records and/or filing reports or returns required by law, rule or regulation or to evidence our compliance with laws or to provide information to law enforcement.
- For internal business and operational purposes, such as:
- For our internal business administration, such as to manage customer accounts, including keeping general records of customers, sales, winners, donations, customer care, and other interactions;
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
For security purposes, such as to protect genuine customers and our business from fraud, to minimize the risk of false details being used, and to avoid abuse by fraudsters;
- To manage competitions or other promotions that you have chosen to participate in;
- To comply with contractual obligations;
- To improve or develop our products and services (including our marketing activity more generally), including operating our Website and improving or personalizing your experience (such as building profiles about you or how you interact with us); and
For internal research and quality assurance.
We may use de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated versions of your personal information for any purpose.
Ways in Which We May Share Your Personal Information
- Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliates, parents, and subsidiaries.
- Co-Sponsors: We may share your personal information with Challenge co-sponsors who are assisting to administrating the Challenge. Challenge co-sponsors may use your personal information similar to the manner that we do, and for similar purposes. Before personal information is disclosed to a Challenge co-sponsor, we endeavor to require the co-sponsor to agree to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
- Service Providers: We may permit our vendors and subcontractors to access your personal information in connection with performing services for us. For example, in order to process your transactions, we may share your personal information with certain third parties, such as our agent/service provider who is operating the Website’s technology platform, your credit card issuer, a third-party credit verification company, sweepstakes administrator, the product handler and/or the delivery service. Other service provider examples include IT providers, internet service providers, and data analytics providers who are working with these parties. We may also use service providers to help us anticipate, prevent, and detect fraud and validate your ability to pay for an auction item. Before personal information is disclosed to such a party, we endeavor to require the party to agree to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
- With Third Parties to Provide You with Services or Communications: We may disclose your information to third parties to provide you with services or benefits.
- With others for Legal, Security, or Safety Purposes: We may share your personal information: (a) as required by law or legal process; (b) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, or other violations of any law, rule, or regulation; and (c) to investigate suspected violations of any terms or policies applicable to the Website or the services provided by us or our third party providers or affiliates.
- With Business Partners for their Own Purposes: We may share your personal information with third parties for their own purposes, such as for marketing purposes. In some cases, such sharing is related to our operation of the Website such as sharing your personal information with a business partner when you donate, bid on or enter into a sweepstakes or auction for a product/experience related to their business. Other examples are that we will also share your information with those who need to know your personal information in order for you to enjoy a prize that you may win. You may contact us to opt out of such sharing in some cases (See “Your Choices” below). However, we do not control how third parties such as business partners use and share your information once they receive it. You will need to contact such third parties directly for information about their privacy practices or to exercise rights you may have (including if you would like to opt-out of receiving future emails from a third party business partner).
- With other third parties with your consent.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Like many other Websites and applications, we may automatically collect certain information regarding our Website' users. Such information may include, without limitation, the Internet Protocol ("IP") address (which may be used to determine your geographic location) of your computer/internet service provider, your device ID, your zip code, the date and time you access the Website, the Internet address of a referring Website, the operating system you are using, the sections or pages of the Website that you visit, and the images and content viewed. Some of the ways in which we or the Website may collect and use such information are further described below.
Additionally, we may employ, either directly or through trusted third parties, tracking pixels. Tracking pixels are tiny, transparent graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to provide analytical information concerning the user experience as well as to support custom marketing activities for users of the Website. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, tracking pixels are embedded invisibly on web pages. The Website may use tracking pixels to help us better manage content, such as by improving the user interface or improving our marketing programs or the marketing of our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties (including for Interest-Based Advertising as described below). The Website may use information to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding user demographics, traffic patterns and purchases. We may also link tracking information with personal information.
We may use information we collect (alone or in combination with information provided by third parties and service providers) to deliver targeted advertising (about our or other third party products and services) to you when you visit our Website or other Websites. Information about you (such as email address) as well as cookies and other tracking technologies (described above) may be used in this process. For example, if you are searching for information on a particular product, we may use that information to cause an advertisement to appear on other Websites you view with information on that product. We may, now or in the future, have the ability to engage in “cross-device matching” to display targeted advertisements to you across browsers and devices (as described above).
To further clarify, we may partner with third parties that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for purposes of delivering more relevant advertising to you or your business. Our partners may place or recognize a cookie on your computer, device, or directly in our emails/communications, and we may share personal information with them if you have submitted such information to us, such as your name, postal address, email address, or device ID. Our partners use this information to recognize you across different channels and platforms, including but not limited to, computers, mobile devices, and Smart TVs, over time for advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes.
If you would like to opt-out of these interest-based advertisements or “cross-device matching,” please see the Opt-Out Process/Options and Additional Terms below.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active (as determined by us) and for a reasonable time thereafter, or such other time period as prescribed by law. We also may retain your personal information for a longer period of time as needed to provide you services or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use aggregate, anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize and aggregate your personal information.
Contests and Promotions
Third-Party Websites and Social Media Services
We strive to offer you with choices about how information is used and shared. There are several ways in which you may opt out of the various programs and services we provide. Some of the ways in which you may opt out are described below.
Opting Out of Our Services. If you receive an email from us, you may (i) unsubscribe from all future unsolicited commercial emails from us through a link, typically at the bottom of the e-mail, or (ii) use our email preference center if available, also typically available through a link at the bottom of the e-mail, to opt out of receiving certain types of emails from us while continuing to receive other types of emails. If you have an account with us, you may opt-out of some or all future unsolicited commercial communications by updating your account's personal information settings. In addition, you may request that we delete your personal information by emailing your request to email@example.com and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt, subject to our rights under the Data Retention section above.
Location Data Opt-Out. In some cases, you may also adjust the settings on your mobile device to allow or restrict the sharing of location information. For example, the "location" permissions on your mobile device may allow you to elect whether to never share location information with us, to share location information only while you are using the Website or always share location information even if you are not using the Website. If you elect to not share your location information, you may be unable to access some features of our services that are designed for mobile devices. Also, in the event that you prevent the sharing of location information, we may still estimate your general location based on the IP address you use to access our services.
How to Access Your Personal Information
You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, entitlement to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information, and the ability to have it amended as is appropriate. You may request that we deactivate your account at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
Security of Your Personal Information
When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number on our order forms, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal information submitted to us both during transmission and after we receive it.
We are committed to the preservation of online privacy for all of our visitors, including children. We accept donation from, and sell products and operate sweepstakes intended for purchase by adults (i.e., those age 18 or older). If you make a participate in a program on our Website, you are representing that you are an adult. We will not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 18 without the consent of that child's parent or guardian. If you are a child under the age of 18, you are not authorized to use the Website without consent from your parent or legal guardian. If we become aware that personal information from a child under 18 has been collected without such child's parent or guardian's consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If any parent, guardian or other responsible adult becomes aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, please contact us.
Other Notices and Important Information